Cos,
There are several reasons.

1. The only dependency between NLPCraft (core) and Java Client (or any
other client) is REST API spec (openapi/nlpcraft_swagger.yml). The
difference between these sub-projects will be even more pronounced when we
introduce Python/Rust/Swift/Kotlin/NodeJS clients.
2. We want to maintain an independent release cadance between sub-projects.
Client projects are much more stable in terms of release frequency than the
core project.
3. Dev/user community for these sub-projects can be a bit different and we
want to have built-in separation at least on "separate repo" level.
4. Non-JVM clients will have a very different distribution mechanics (npm
for NodeJS, pip for Python, etc.) which don't mesh well with Java-based
projects.

NLPCraft committers can chime in as well.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Best,
--
Nikita Ivanov