Hi user@ and dev@,

As part of the Nutch Google Summer of Code effort this year, Omkar Reddy
and I have been working persistently throughout the summer months on the
Hadoop MapReduce API upgrade e.g. NUTCH-2375 Upgrade the code base from
org.apache.hadoop.mapred to org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce [0].
We believe we are now at a stage where this code is stable and should be
opened for widespread community review. It is a large patch, so the more
eyes we can get on this the better. Upgrading MapReduce API usage in Nutch
is long overdue so this will be a significant addition to the Nutch project.

The proposed pull request can be found at [1]. Please report any outcomes
back to the issue tracker at [1].

Thank you
Lewis

N.B. Please note that the official version of Apache Hadoop supported by
Nutch master branch at this time is 2.7.2.

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NUTCH/issues/NUTCH-2375
[1] https://github.com/apache/nutch/pull/188

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/