Hi folks!

The Apache Nutch [0] Project Management Committee are pleased to announce
the immediate release of Apache Nutch v1.16. We advise all current users
and developers to upgrade to this release.

Nutch is a well matured, production ready Web crawler. Nutch 1.x enables
fine grained configuration, relying on Apache Hadoop™ [1] data structures,
which are great for batch processing.

As usual in the 1.X series, release artifacts are made available as both
source and binary and also available within Maven Central [2] as a Maven
dependency. The release is available from our downloads page [3].

This release includes more than 100 bug fixes and improvements, the full
list of changes can be seen in the release report [4]. Please also check
the changelog [5] for breaking changes.

Thanks to all Nutch contributors which made this release possible,
Sebastian (on behalf of the Nutch PMC)

[0] https://nutch.apache.org/
[1] https://hadoop.apache.org/
[2]