Our workflow document already instructs users to send their patches with a
.txt extension because of this issue.

I just noticed that the git command given there doesn't correspond to that.
I will fix that when I get to my computer soon. (I use 'git format-patch
master --stdout > your_file_name_here.txt'; I don't know if there's another
way that requires less typing.)

That's all we can do on our end. It would take an act of Infra to change
that.

Nathan

Probably not a good idea to walk back in the door and start moaning, but why is that a problem? If it's wrong, then it's wrong...otherwise it's one more little foible people have to know about to be able to work with us.

Regards

DAVE