Having gone through a cycle of fixing a medium-sized PR recently, here are
my thoughts:

   - Fixing the entire file we touch helps makes things better overall even
   though its painful in the short run.
   - Having a tool that produces accurate style recommendations is very
   important— it's hard to know what to fix and what not to fix if the tool
   doesn't give accurate messages.
   - If the tool works, it's not very hard to fix a lot of style issues...
   it's boring work, but can be done quickly.
   - Making the tool only look at the differences seems complicated and not
   what we want in the long run.

-adam

--
Adam Feuer <a...@starcat.io>