From: Erdem MEYDANLI <emeyda...@gmail.com>
Sent: den 19 maj 2020 14:41
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: NuttX on the IMXRT1060-EVK

Hello,

I've been playing with the IMX1060-EVK board for some time. I wanted to test it
by running NuttX on it with networking support enabled.

./tools/configure.sh -l imxrt1060-evk/netnsh

The configurations below have been enabled, referring to the explanation in the
README file.

CONFIG_IMXRT_ENET_PHYINIT=y
CONFIG_IMXRT_GPIO1_0_15_IRQ=y
CONFIG_IMXRT_GPIO_IRQ=y
CONFIG_NETDEV_IOCTL=y
CONFIG_NETDEV_PHY_IOCTL=y
CONFIG_NSH_NETINIT_MONITOR=y
CONFIG_NSH_NETINIT_RETRYMSEC=2000
CONFIG_NSH_NETINIT_SIGNO=18
CONFIG_NSH_NETINIT_THREAD=y
CONFIG_NSH_NETINIT_THREAD_PRIORITY=80
CONFIG_NSH_NETINIT_THREAD_STACKSIZE=1568

In addition to the items above, I also changed the IPv4 address.

CONFIG_NETINIT_IPADDR=0xc0a8b2fa
CONFIG_NETINIT_DRIPADDR=0xc0a8b201

Then, I built the code. Flashed it (via J-Link). The NSH console appears and
works well. Here is the output of 'ifconfig':

eth0    Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:e0:de:ad:be:ef at DOWN
        inet addr:192.168.178.250 DRaddr:192.168.178.1 Mask:255.255.255.0
        inet6 addr: fc00::2/112
        inet6 DRaddr: fc00::1/112

        RX: Received Fragment Errors
            00000000 00000000 00000000
            IPv4     IPv6     ARP      Dropped
            00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        TX: Queued   Sent     Errors   Timeouts
            00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        Total Errors: 00000000

The addresses seem fine, but the eth0 interface is DOWN. To bring up eth0, I
use ifup eth0. But this time, the NSH becomes irresponsive, and I have to
perform hard-reset.

I doubted that there was a problem with the hardware. Therefore, I also tried
with the examples (i.e., lwip_httpsrv_freertos) of the MCUXpresso IDE, and
everything worked as expected. I can do step by step debugging with the help of
J-Link and the IDE.

Why I also mentioned J-Link? Because I, too, would like to debug via J-Link to
be able to understand the issue. However, when I try to debug NuttX via J-Link,
the adapter gets disconnected, an I get some weird errors. This is another
story though... (Optimizations suppressed. Debug symbols enabled.)

I spent too much time on it but still haven't come to a solution. Any hints and
tips from the experts on IMXRT platform would be appreciated.

(Here is my setup: Ubuntu 18, Segger J-Link Base, the board is powered through
USB. J46 and J47 are removed. SW7 OFF-OFF-ON-OFF -> QSPI flash is
enabled.)

Best regards,
Erdem