I'm currently updating MSYS2, and will then repeat the build. Then I'll test on
another computer.
And when it's happening there as well, I'll try to narrow down the reason.

I just configured a new computer and I am having problems with MSYS2.  I can't even create the "symbolic" links needed at start up.  I am not sure why.  Probably some priveleges issues.

But I did verify the build on Cygwin and it was about the same as always.  About 7 minutes using configuration stm32f4discovery with realtime virus checking off.   [That is disappointing to me because I just built hot new Rizen 5 PC and expected better].

Windows WSL is only a little faster.

If fast build turn-around time is what you need, you can't beat Linux.  I am seeing build times in the 30 second range there.  I used to get about 10-15 seconds in the past, I think the ARM Embedded Toolchain is a lot slower these days.  I have heard people in the past who got the build time down to 7 seconds in the past.

For me, I can live with 7 minutes for the convenience of using my Windows desktop.