A few comments:

   - It would be great to have the documentation in the same repository, to
   make synchronizing a particular documentation version with the code.
   - Or if we don't do that, have some other explicit versioning that
      matches the code, and do simultaneous releases. Code and docs
synchronized
      will make peoples' lives a lot easier.
   - RST is as readable in plain text format as Markdown, and is also
   rendered automatically by Github (example rendered by Github

<https://github.com/adamfeuer/nuttx-companion/blob/master/docs/user/install.rst>;
   raw version

<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adamfeuer/nuttx-companion/master/docs/user/install.rst>
   ).
   - The main difference between RST and Markdown formatting is the way
   links are handled. RST has a different link format and also has support for
   internal linking– in my opinion that's what makes RST really good for
   technical documentation.
   - Converting READMEs to RST or Markdown can be done manually or
   semi-manually, it's not that hard. We could design a system that included
   both text and RST or Markdown to support the transition.
   - Sphinx supports generating documentation using both RST and Markdown
   (recommonmark) <https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/markdown.html>so
   you can mix them.

I think getting our docs and READMEs into a single system using RST or
RST/Markdown would be great.

-adam

--
Adam Feuer <a...@starcat.io>