In my application, I am not using nutshell.

But I was wondering if is it the best, or correct or recommended way to do.

I don't think there is a best or recommended in this case.  You should do what is best for you and for the final product.

Often people build NSH in their development builds, but omit it from final production build.  Many embedded systems have no easily accessible to UI and carrying NSH is a waste of FLASH in that case.

NSH can also be a security hole if you don't carefully check which commands are available or do not use a login.

Other people like to keep NSH in FLASH for post-release debugging or for remote sessions.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer.