I see that around the time of this discussion the userland API of task_spawn has been changed in incompatible ways.

by this commit:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx-apps/commit/58293abb8e896bb04f3a76bf8b48206debe68f26?branch=58293abb8e896bb04f3a76bf8b48206debe68f26&diff=unified

My apps, cloned from a nuttx repo that did not have this change, are suddenly broken in places I do not even care about.

An example:

In file included from exec_builtin.c:49:0:
/home/slo/nuttx/include/spawn.h:150:5: note: expected 'char * const*' but argument is of type 'posix_spawnattr_t * {aka struct posix_spawnattr_s * '
 int task_spawn(FAR const char *name, main_t entry,
exec_builtin.c:195:13: error: too many arguments to function 'task_spawn'
       ret = task_spawn(&pid, builtin->name, builtin->main, &file_actions,

This is rather annoying. On the long term, this project becomes unstable in multiple ways.

I suggest that user API breaks are documented in the same place as was used for other breaking changes.

This is how I feel right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LueFhQk5hg

Sebastien