Hey there Alan :-)

I am working on FreeBSD / BSD:
1. kconfig-frontends is now in the FreeBSD ports and packages.
2. I need to fix the SEDvsGSED issue.
3. Have some ideas on how to unify MAKEvsGMAKE.
4. KConfig work to add BSD also needs to be done.
5. All 2 to 4 would point to GNUvsBSD build tools unification so
things work out of the box on both GNU and BSD in the same way with no
local modifications.

This is not yet into this release, but lots of other work is done, and
this seems to be a release that others also wait to go out in order to
add their patches.. thus +1 from me not to block the works.. otherwise
no rush from me as things are done when they are done :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek