Interesting: https://news.slashdot.org/story/23/02/26/1950212/who-writes-linux-and-open-source-software

I've often complained on list about the near disappearance of individual contributors to the OS.  It was created by individual contributors and most of the early, critical designs came from individual contributor's.  Nowadays, however, the OS is dominated by large electronic firms.  I consider this dangerous because I don't think the commercial development mindset or decision-making is compatible with good open source software that intends to serve the whole community.

That is why one of they points in the Inviolables is that "all users matter" and that we must always take into account the needs of the minority.  That inviolables also warn against adopting "my tools, my environment, my features" without concern for others using different tools and environments.

That slashdot article make it clear that this is a worldwide phenomena, not just a NuttX thing.  I imagine it is just the natural consequence of the exploding use of open source by business and the business usage now outnumber the individual, hobbyist use.

To me, this accentuates the need to be aware and supportive of users who are using less main stream tools and hardware.