You are right about posix compliance, this is a valuable goal, but at the same time it raises the hard remark:

At some point NuttX will grow too large for deep embedded platforms.

That may or may not be true.  Certainly NuttX has outgrown most old architectures with 16-bit address space limitations.  Other old retro architectures with memory limitations are also at risk. But, in general, I would say that deeply embedded hardware memory resources have outpaced the growth in NuttX size.  I would tend to bet that that growing too large for the mainstream won't happen. I don't think this is an issue for anyone but retro hardware fans.

But then, "All users matter."  These are just the sort of tough tradeoffs that should be being addressed in this list.

Remember when NuttX with NSH would fit in 12Kb?