> There are bandaid fixes going in that try to recover from the primary bad
> fix.  That is not > good.  That is only making things worse.  We need to fix
> the root cause of the problem
> no just change the behavior of individual apps to hide the problem.  The root
> cause is
> that the serial driver is echoing things it should not and is not smart
> enough to know
> what it should not echo.

In fact, cle has its own issue, it will send a query cursor first, and wait for
the reply from serial port.

If you power up your device first and attach it to PC by serial port later (the
PC will miss the cursor query command), the cle will hang in here unless you
press any key ten more times.

And in this process, no any info will inform user.

This patch in thread fixed this behavior, and also fix the issue similar with
above (but due to driver instead of outside reason).