On Tue, Apr 25, 2023, 1:46 PM Brennan Ashton <bash...@brennanashton.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2023, 1:37 PM Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> wrote:
>
>> Hello world :-)
>>
>> I was on a trip recently (and it happens quite often) so I was looking
>> for a PDF version of NuttX Documentation, kind of Handbook, but I did
>> not find one.
>>
>> I got used to PDF Handbook style because it is all-in-one approach
>> that is also easily available and searchable offline.
>>
>> As I am getting into details and reading the docs, so I can help this
>> part :-)
>>
>> I would like to know what is the current and past approach to the
>> documentation, to plan the work and align the tasks (with other people
>> working on the documentation?). What is the future preferred way of
>> documentation? git+documentation? (c)wiki?
>>
>> I know there is a doc part on the website that is generated from the
>> main repository Documentation/ location. This part seems to need some
>> improvement (looks a bit like incomplete copy-paste?) :-)
>>
>> I know there is a CWIKI. I know there was some bigger documentation
>> before..?
>>
>> It would be best to have HTML and PDF documentation (maybe other
>> formats too) in a form of "Handbook" (all-in-one-place + searchable +
>> offline). This Handbook could be also provided in a form of e-book for
>> free and maybe some pay-as-you-want basis to support the project. This
>> would be also probably the first point of contact with the project for
>> the newcomers.
>>
>> As a reference documentation I could point to:
>> 1. https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/
>> 2. https://kivy.org/doc/stable/
>>
>> Please let me know what you think folks :-)
>> Tomek
>>
>> --
>> CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info
>

> It is easy enough to generate the PDF from the sphinx documentation if we
> want that can you create an issue on the website project and I'll enable
> that in a few weeks.
>
> --Brennan

Also I want to be very clear since this was incorrect

> I know there was some bigger documentation before..?

Others and I _extended_ and converted this to be what is now in
Documentation it was a lot of work.  This is the documentation for the
project although it has been slow to convert all the readmes and the wiki
to be here. I would love to see others help with this time consuming effort.

--Brennan