On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 3:35 PM Alan C. Assis wrote:
> Hi Tomek,
>
> Some years ago Matias Nitsche (AKA v0id / protobits) started the
> creation of a NuttX book, documenting many of internal OS functions.
>
> But after some time he gave up, because he realized that NuttX is a
> movable target. Same happens to Linux (although currently I think
> Linux is more stable).
>
> See what happened to Linux Device Drivers from Alessandro Rubini,
> although the book still useful and relevant, many Linux functions and
> subsystems features described in the book doesn't exist anymore.
>
> So, to user point of view the best book about NuttX is any book about
> POSIX and the best "book" for NuttX kernel developers is the source
> code itself.

Thanks Alan! This is why I was a bit surprised why the documentation
is not direct part of the source code (i.e. documentation of the
file/module/function right in that file/module/function). Kivy does
that, it helps understanding the code, allows easy online/pdf
documentation out of it, and most important keeps documentation
coherent and up to date with the code!

It could be easier to maintain / keep things coherent.. this can be
also done with Sphinx that we already use.. what do you think folks?
What are the pros and cons? :-)

Example here: https://github.com/kivy/kivy/tree/master/doc