On 4/25/2023 12:32 PM, Tim Hardisty wrote:
The SAMA5 support has no driver for the secure fuse peripheral. Kconfig allows
you to “enable” it but there’s no underlying code.

Before I go ahead and create a character driver for this, is the omission for a
“good” reason?

The driver would handle the relatively straightforward management of
programming the fuses, as well as obviously allowing you to read values. If
another arch has anything similar please point me in its direction so I can
create one that’s similar.

Thanks,

TimJTi.

Searching for C files with "fuse" in the number under arch/, I find drivers for the ESP32,  ESP32S2, ESP32S3, ESP32C3, BL602, and RTL8720C

Other MCUs have have fuse header files, but no C drivers.

There are alias like OTP (i.MXRT).  PIC32s all have fuses in DEVCFG.   I am sure that other MCUs have things like fuses as well using various other names.

But I don't think that there is any particular need to be similar to other implementations.  There is no common fuse interface.