On 9/13/2023 11:54 AM, Mike Moretti wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom board config for our custom board that includes an ESP32S3.  I'm attempting to include all the pin and configuration definitions for the board in the defconfig file. Unfortunately, after running ./tools/configure.sh using my configuration, some of the options in my defconfig appear to be getting ignored and not ending up in .config.  Particularly, CONFIG_ESP32S3_SPI=y and CONFIG_ESP32S3_STORAGE_MTD_OFFSET and SIZE.  I can't seem to figure out why this is happening.

Thanks,
-m

Did you add those settings to the defconfig by hand?  That usually doesn't work.

The behavior that you are seeing usually means that the settings in the defconfig are not valid or that they do not have their "depends on" prerequisites met.