> To be honest I don't see a big issue of a driver as dual license, we
> already have SocketCAN and other drivers as dual license (GPL and
> Apache, BSD and Apache, etc). The original Author said the want is to
> be released as dual license: A or license B.

Isn't is more A AND B ?

A OR B == I want A but not B so I stick to A ? :-P

> The License war is terrible, I think there is not a single license
> compatible with all, even CC0, BSD or public domain cannot be used as
> freely was we think. Many countries law, companies, patents, etc,
> involved.

BSD and MIT seems most liberal. Apache also clarifies patent stuff.
GPL is viral and enforces GPL on all further works.

As above, if the case is "A AND B" then GPL taints everything to be GPL too..?

Quck search (query: gpl vs apache vs bsd license) resulting quote :

"
I will mainly talk about the practical consequences and not go into
the nitty gritty. By GPL compatible I mean that a GPL project can use
your code (NOT you can use GPL code).

The MIT and BSD 2 clause licenses have similar requirements: keep the
license file. The BSD 3 clause license adds a term to the BSD 2 that
prevents someone from claiming false endorsement. These three licenses
are compatible with GPLv2 and v3.

The Apache 2.0 license requires you to keep the license file, the
NOTICE file if there is one, and show notice for modified files. It
also addresses some patent-related issues, so companies use it a lot.
It is compatible with GPLv3 but not v2 (due to the patent clauses).

There is also an old BSD license that has an clause related to
advertising. Don't use it because it's not GPL compatible.

In practice, the ecosystem you are working with has a license that is
used most often to begin with, and I would stick to that. For example,
I would use MIT for Nodejs packages. If you are working on an
application, some would recommend using the Apache 2.0 license because
it covers patent issues.
"

And some references:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_License