Hi,

I am working on a project that will need to be able to read/write the
ID page of an EEPROM(currently a M95M02 SPI device from ST).  From the
code that I have seen, it seems that this chip is already supported,
but there is no code to read/write the device ID page.  I'm looking to
add support, but I have some questions:

1. There are currently no IOCTLs defined for EEPROM devices, should I
add a new IOCTL base or add an extra one to the MTD IOCTLs?
2. The default IOCTL for the EEPROM returns -ENOTTY which seems weird,
should that be something else?
3. Since you could read/write the ID page, should this really be
implemented as an IOCTL?  I would assume that the functions would need
to be more like the read/write syscalls where you pass in a buffer and
the length(assuming you don't want to read or write the entire page).
Would it make sense to make another node in /dev to access this page?

-Robert Middleton