Hi Roland,

I think the page I sent earlier has more info about MII, RMII, RGMII, etc
that you need to know before attempting to do it. Let me put here for
clarification:

"There are variants of the MII (GMII; RMII; SGMII; RGMII...) interface for
connecting MACs to PHYs or MACs to MACs, in some of them there is a MAC or
PHY role.

The RGMII interface is a dual data rate (DDR) interface that consists of a
transmit path and a receive path. Both paths have an independent clock, 4
data signals and a control signal. This means that in RGMII there is no PHY
or MAC role, so no special support is needed for MAC-to-MAC connection as
it is the case, being both ends in RGMII mode is enough for the
communication to be carried out."

Today I found a new page with more information and some details that
probably will help you and others trying to do it, like clock shifting,
otherwise it will not work:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Direct-ETH-MAC-MII-to-MAC-MII-connection/m-p/1042795

So, if you didn't include the clock skew circuit as shown on this link,
then you will need to use RMII.

Best Regards,

Alan