I've just run across NuttX, and I think it's a good fit for my project. What
I'm trying to do is develop some computer music applications on
microcontrollers. I'm mostly interested in the Raspberry Pi Pico, but I also
have some ESP32 S3, ESP 32 C3/C6, and Teensy 4.1 boards aand would like the
applications to run on 64-bit Linux machines as well.

My first target is the Pimoroni PicoVision. This has a Raspberry Pi Pico W as
the main processor and a second highly overclocked RP2040 to drive the HDMI
signal generation. It also has an I2S audio including a DAC and stereo output
jack. I won't be using the HDMI at the beginning.

The existing raspberrypi-pico-w:audiopack does much of what I want except for a
couple of exceptions:

- It doesn't seem to use the wireless on the Pico W. I'd like to be able to
access the system via wireless, for example, to broadcast to a Bluetooth
speaker.
- I couldn't find a library in NuttX for MIDI or audio over USB. That isn't
critical; those exist in TinyUSB.

Which brings me to my main question: how do I use NuttX as a build system for
my own code without integrating my code into a fork of NuttX repositories as I
would for a formal contribution to the NuttX project?

It's not a licensing issue; everything I do is open source for code and
Creative Commons for documentation. It's mainly logistics; I don't want an end
user to have to download NuttX and learn how to add a board or an application
in order to use my code.

Getting the PicoVision audio working with raspberrypi-pico-w:audiopack looks
easy; I think all I have to do is make sure the I2S GPIO pin numbers are
correct in the configuration. But is there documentation on how to use the
media player? I couldn't find any. And how do I go about adding WiFi and
Bluetooth to the configuration? I didn't see them in the existing one.

I guess what I'm looking for is a guide for how to compose the pieces - board
definitions, libraries and applications - into a working configuration file
that I can use.

--
How many people can stand on the shoulders of a giant before the giant
collapses?

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.