Hi Vaibhav,

It's a good question and mailing list archives (that are available) don't
really answer the question clearly.  At the moment as far as I can tell,
the quantityUomId and unitsIncluded field do nothing, they're display only.

I think SupplierProduct.unitsIncluded is the same as
Product.quantityIncluded, the field types are the same and the names imply
similar things. I actually think unitsIncluded is a better name than
quantityIncluded which is confusing because the number doesn't relate to
any quantity fields we normally use.

>From the Product entity definition we have this explanation of the fields:
"If you have a six-pack of 12oz soda cans you would have
quantityIncluded=12, quantityUomId=oz, piecesIncluded=6"

piecesIncluded is missing from ProductSupplier but I think the definition
for quantityIncluded/unitsIncluded can stand without it.

So I think what we can conclude from this detail is that these fields are
informative and not functional, and they shouldn't have any bearing against
other fields such as lastPrice.

I think there could be room for making use of the fields, an example:
Let's say you are a house painter and you need to order 12 litres of paint
for a job.  The supplier has two products available, 2 litre tins @ $10 and
4 litre tins @ $15:
<SupplierProduct quantityUomId="VLIQ_L" unitsIncluded="2" lastPrice="5"
minimumOrderQuantity="1" orderQtyIncrements="1"/>
<SupplierProduct quantityUomId="VLIQ_L" unitsIncluded="4" lastPrice="3.75"
minimumOrderQuantity="1" orderQtyIncrements="1"/>

So you tell your amazing OFBiz system that you'd like to order 12 liters of
paint, OFBiz will then look at your SupplierProduct records and determine
which record gives you the best price and fits within the supplier's
purchasing rules (i.e. you can't order half a tin of paint). OFBiz
ultimately puts the selection into OrderItem.supplierProductId and sets the
unitPrice accordingly.  As a second function, OrderItem.supplierProductId
can then also serve to correctly format the PO that the supplier receives
so that instead of seeing:
"Send me 12 litres of paint @ $3.75/litre please"
they could instead see:
"Send me 3 units of 4 litre paint @ $15/unit please"
It wouldn't alter what we see in the OrderItem record, but it could be used
for information the supplier receives and perhaps also for shipment receipt
verification (if you wanted 4L tins and they sent you 2L tins, maybe that's
an issue that needs to be dealt with).

I hope that helps.  I've made a few assumptions here so if anyone thinks
I'm incorrect please speak up.

Regards
Scott