Hi Nicolas, Paul,

I got to the same conclusion than Nicolas after discussing with Adrian then
(2011)

See last of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4121 (thanks Paul)

Jacques

Le 29/08/2017 à 02:15, Paul Foxworthy a écrit :
See also

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ffec3d998998db85655e1003f64268d52f9c7e9b6a4e537008e4b691@1295177952@%3Cdev.ofbiz.apache.org%3E

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

On 29 August 2017 at 10:08, Paul Foxworthy <p...@cohsoft.com.au> wrote:

Hi Nicolas,

Adrian said something about this in https://issues.apache.org/
jira/browse/OFBIZ-1648 .

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

On 29 August 2017 at 07:46, Nicolas Malin <nicolas.ma...@nereide.fr>
wrote:

Hello,

During my refactoring to introduce the common-theme I saw that we
currently manage on the framework a variable naming javaScriptEnabled to
indicate if a user want or not use the javascipt.
This functionality has been introduction by Adrian in 2008 (1) and I not
found the origin thread (2) (maybe pre-apache)

Now I didn't see why we keep this on the framework for two reasons:
* With Html5, without javascript we haven't operational screen
* If we don't want javascript for a specific case, we can create a
dedicate theme for that and simplify the current code.

Do you have a reason to keep the management of javaScriptEnabled ? Or I
can start the cleaning ?

Cheers,
Nicolas
(1) http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=655712
(2) https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@ofbiz.apache.org:lte=
1M:javaScriptEnabled
--
logoNrd <https://nereide.fr/>
         Nicolas Malin

Apache OFBiz <http://ofbiz.apache.org/>|The Apache Way <
http://theapacheway.com/>|ofbiz-fr <http://www.ofbiz-fr.org/>|réseau LE <
http://www.libre-entreprise.org/>

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788 <+61%203%209585%206788>
Web: http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
Email: i...@coherentsoftware.com.au