Rajesh replies this on user mailing list.

Thanks Vaibhav for the reply , Although we have been asked to move this
discussion to dev ML . [ apologies for that ;-) ]

bypassing HSN is just a temporary arrangement as our product line has a
fixed HSN code , so we have keep the rate at flat 9% or 18%.
The ability to have different tax rates for different Product Category
already
exists so it shall be best to bank upon it .
(as you have already done it in the example you gave).

>> As we know GST in India is based on ORIG_LOCATION and DEST_LOCATION
>> and is currently it is the only tax.
>>
>> But in a general situation where you have "GST like" taxes and some other
>> taxes
>> also  say "Education Cess" (now defunct,i think) there needs to be an
>> option to
>>

>Thanks for the make me remeber about about "CESS". Yes we need to entertain
>"CESS" as well.

>> have custom logic association with different kind of taxes and was the
>> concern which
>> i had raised.
>
> Not able to get your point. Can you please elaborate?

Governments of various GEOIDs are free to implement arbitrarily complex or
simple
tax regimes . So i was asking for categorization of taxes so that
appropriate logic
(based on local tax regime) can be applied to various "kinds" (category) of
taxes.

As a person who is adopting ofbiz for first time , my convenience would
have been

(1) ofbiz OOTB UI / Web Tools allowed me to create  some Tax Categories
(2) ofbiz OOTB UI / Web Tools allowed me to associate a TaxAuthority with
one or more Tax Categories
(3) write code in calcTax to provide appropriate treatment to TaxAuthority
based on its  Tax Category.

hope i was able to convey.

kind regards

Vaibhav Jain