Hi

I am working on a new business project. The budget is virtually non-existent at this time, so I am appealing to the open source domain.

I am designing some software for the business problem itself but I also need software for the administrative side of things. I am looking at Ofbiz because it's in java and java has good scaling and integration properties. I need something like Ofbiz mainly for its accounting component at the moment.

For this business, the basic initial business process would be taking orders from an already existing website and forwarding them via JSON/XML to ofbiz for, 1) payment processing, 2) general ledger book keeping.

I also would like to add my own payment gateway to ofbiz. I looked at the code for some existing gateways services but still cannot see how they integrate with the rest of the accounting components. For example :

1) if a payment is made on the website through Ofbiz, how does the GL eventually get updated?
2) how do set up the config properties for a new gateway? direct in the db?

I note Ofbiz appears to be very well designed and has loads of functionality but it is very difficult for me to understand how it all fits together from what documentation is available. In this regard, perhaps I can offer some assistance here in return for yours.

Paul