Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Looking closely at history, ShippingData.xml was put in 9 years ago with http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=816083, so for the ofbizsetup app, which is a bit weirdo in OFBiz.

Then was modified with OFBIZ-5890 and OFBIZ-7673

Rest inline...

Le 22/09/2018 à 09:27, Rishi Solanki a écrit :
Hi Jacques,
I dig into it today and found that the data exists in the
"applications/datamodel/data/demo/OrderDemoData.xml" was moved from
"applications/order/data/DemoShipping.xml"
Also the data claimed as duplicate in
"applications/commonext/data/ShippingData.xml" is similar but not exact
matches with OrderDemoData.xml.
Yes, I was only speaking about "Shipping data", ie:
ShipmentMethodType
CarrierShipmentMethod
QuantityBreak
ShipmentBoxType

Those are real duplicate
The ShippingData.xml  file has no entry in
any ofbiz-component.xml.
Indeed, they are only used by the setup app. In SetupEvents.xml there is

   <!-- run demo Shipping  -->
   <set field="importShippingCtx.filename"
value="${sys:getProperty('ofbiz.home')}/applications/commonext/data/ShippingData.xml"/>

Reading that, now I think we should not only keep the "Shipping data" in  ShippingData.xml but also the file. I would rather rename this file and other ofbizsetup related files (at least data files) with a Setup prefix to clearly signal they are  part of this app. But I also wonder if the ofbizsetup app is still alive, maintained and used by users. Last time I tried I crossed issues (not biggie IIRW). I found this https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12344840

What do you think?

Jacques

So here we can decide weather we should keep that data in ShippingData.xml
(if someone introduce the file intentionally) or we can remove it from
trunk. In case no objection I would like to remove it as most data is
duplicate.

--
Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 1:17 AM Jacques Le Roux <