Hi all,

I'd like to revive this discussion again.

Personally, I am now working with git for a few years and almost all customer and company related projects have moved to git over time. In the beginning, I found git complicated and less straight forward, a bit like Adrian mentioned in [1]. But once I have understood the main principles and get used to it, I won't like to switch back to svn ever since.

In my opinion, using git would make things much easier for collaboration. Taher thoroughly described them in the inital thread message.

An important point for me would be that we could prevent premature commits just to get things to be tested. Features which take some time to be worked on or tested can be in separate branches which can be updated with the main branch constantly.

So, from my point of view, we should again have a disussion and/or vote to see if the overall opinions have changed and if we could move to git.

Thanks,

Michael

[1] http://markmail.org/message/m4z5b5qevqx7n6u7