Good morning, fellow developers.

It is now almost 15 years ago i started with OFBiz. I always followed new technology developments and used them when they became usable in a production environment. That is why i joined OFBiz early. I also proposed years ago to go from svn to git that now finally is approved for OFBiz. I also proposed to replace the OFBiz framework with Moqui.org, yes I know a much bigger change but believe me, that will also happen one time for you.

We now support Moqui for about a year and the main reason we switched over is the excellent REST interface Moqui has. This allows you to have a user interface fully independent from Moqui, yes a website or a mobile application just using the data from Moqui via REST. All screen rendering is now done with for example the vue.js framework using javascript in the client, not using ftl at all, improving the user interface experience dramatically. So all templates and the rendering is in the client making it completely static and can be loaded from cdn networks.

My advise? If you want to extend the life of OFBiz implement a REST interface quickly...or copy it over from Moqui, no problem, the license allows it.

Regards,

Hans Bakker,
CEO antwebsystems.com