Hi James,

Inline...

Le 06/11/2019 à 17:53, James Yong a écrit :
Hi Jacques,

Understand the intent of checkSecureParameter function is to avoid sensitive
information
in the URL during POST method.

Was ;) It does not exist anymore, in trunk at least, after OFBIZ-11260.

A proposal is made to provide an attribute (i.e.
allow-query-string-for-service-event) to allow url parameters / query string
for certain request. Shouldn't the value for this attribute be false, instead
of true, when no value is specified for the attribute?

Depends, if we want to have the same behaviour than in trunk after OFBIZ-11260 then it should be false by default. Note that we "never" get back from changes, except in case of regression.

The property service.http.parameters.require.encrypted is also not required for
the proposed change.

Yes, re-introducing will need to revert work done with OFBIZ-11260

As a side note, checkSecureParameter function restricts CSRF attack to a POST
method but doesn't prevent CSRF entirely. Maybe can explore the feasibility of
supporting CSRF token for OFBiz form in future..

Yes, we already do: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10427

James