Hello Deepak, all,

I do not have a strong opinion about separating plugins into independent
git repositories but here are my thought :

Plugins integration in OFBiz is intended to be used with a maven
repository that hosts the plugin releases for the users. See as a
reference the ‘OFBiz Plugins tasks’ or README.adoc about ‘OFBiz plugin
system’.

We did not implemented an official maven repository for plugin releases,
so there is no simple way to install a plugin without using VCS. There
might be tasks to be done to have an nice answer to how an user can
install a sole plugin from a downloaded release archive.

Having separated repositories can offer the ability to clone one plugin
easily, but at the cost of separating history from other plugins and
framework, and increasing maintenance effort. In that case, some
scripting could be done, to automate update on all plugins in your
repos. Also we might consider using git submodules [1] into framework to
ease plugins management, but i'm not familiar enough with that feature.

Without maven i tend to lean toward separate repository, but like i
said, no strong opinion.

By the way, thanks for your work regarding git migration.

Regards,

Gil

[1] https://git-scm.com/docs/git-submodule