Thanks Daniel,

This could indeed be useful. The project already has a template for the
commit message (see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+commit+message+template),
which is currently used by all committers.

Working through/via Git (and pull requests via Github) indicates that all
contributors (authors) apply this template to get the commit message
properly formatted.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)