Hi Taher,

Am 13.03.20 um 18:21 schrieb Taher Alkhateeb:
Hello Michael,

1. Absolutely from my side. Deployment becomes drastically simpler
2. Which version of what?
3. Hmm, I'm not sure of the purpose / benefit of having that. No one
just "deploys" OFBiz without customization. And even if so, if you
have comfy scripts in the code base, then that would be enough.

Ideally, the way I'd go for it is to have a Dockerfile at the top
level directory and a docker folder to hold everything else.
Deployment can be targeted to multiple different environments  such
that even the development environment can depend on a database engine
like postgres by default.

I have an idea how to solve this with a more sophisticated Docker file together with the config mechanism we use here at ecomify. Describing this for a proposal to contribute is still on my agenda.

This would allow configuring everything and build a docker image by just copying a a single (or multiple staged) files during the build process. This would allow to configure every single property used in OFBiz (database, ports, security etc.) and build targeted images from that.

Let's see when I find time...

Michael