Hi,

Sorry to resurrect this thread.

In relation with OFBIZ-11435, I have tried to clarify the information about
deprecated services at https://s.apache.org/7pra2.

I went back to the discussion in this thread to be sure to reflect the
community decision.

The initial reason which makes me change is that in the wiki we used "next release" when actually people are using "Upcoming branch" in code, which is consistent with Jira.

I also wanted to clarify when and who should remove deprecated services. As described in the wiki, we implicitly decided it's a RM's (Release Manager) task. Because, so far, the RM creates the new branches.

As I did not want to add a new wiki page only for that action, I updated the https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz page, and added:

   /<<Check if there are deprecated services to remove. That's easily done by looking for
"has been deprecated and replaced by" in console.log.>>/

I hope I wrote things as simple as possible (here and in the wiki), please
check!

Jacques