Hello,

I'm starting a new thread to discuss with the community about an Improvement
that has been submitted by Pierre Smits [1]
This topic has already been discussed in the past [2] and was conclude by a
lazy consensus not to implement PartyRole lifespan into OFBiz.
Recently, this improvement was discussed again in Jira [3], and partly
commited, before being reverted when big blocking side effect where discovered.
A more detailed summary has been made by Jacques here [4].
The enhancement is about adding fromDate and thruDate fields onto PartyRole
entity, modifying its primary key (fromDate)
The fact is that a such big subject need to be addressed with the community
consensus, as it is not trivial.
Please let us know you thoughts about this task and let's decide, if we need to
organize or if we need to close pending Jira with reference to this discussion ?

Thanks,
Gil
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5959
[2]