Thanks Gil,

I now get the ideas and I agree with them.

Le 15/11/2021 à 15:37, gil a écrit :
I will try to explain better

With OFBiz you could create minimalistic application where you could define roles to a party to make them appear in one dropdown for a specific purpose.
What I wanted to show is that through pragmatism, basic usage of PartyRole can
exist and be sufficient.

But whereas a business need indicates that there is retirement of an actor from a particular role, for me, then context "EntityNameRole" fits for this. Thus I agree with PartyRelationship usage.

In partyMgr component, when managing party relationships and party role, since it is more like a technical component, I do not see how we can improve the screens and avoid having technical error like partyRole FK constraint. And moreover, it is nice like this to me.

For business oriented component, like HR, the choice of roles managements
process should be made, and if I understand well that the goal of OFBIZ-5827.

I hope it is clear

Gil

Le lun. 15 nov. 2021 à 1:25 pm, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>