Hi Michael,

That sounds interesting, I propose to create a Jira of maybe even a wiki page
for that, maybe a new thread to discuss?

Jacques

Le 04/01/2022 à 17:58, Michael Brohl a écrit :
+1

with a few additions: I think that the project should have a planned roadmap with more or less fixed release dates/cycles and a clear pre-planned EOL plan.

We should also specify what EOL means for us and if there is a step between. I think of making bugfixes/backports during main support and only doing security fixes in a phase after that. EOL would then mean ultimately no fixes at all.

For new release branches, we should als TRY to plan which features, big changes or deprecations we want to put in and work towards those goals (thinking about major framework changes etc. as we started to discuss recently).

We should also think about another release number scheme. The inclusion of the year/month the branch was created makes the first stable release look outdated as we normally have a stabilization time of 2-3 years (which we also could change). Maybe that's a discussion for past-22.x....

Thanks,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de