Thanks for the clear explanation Hans! Maybe we could write something in the
wiki about all that?

Jacques

From: "Hans Bakker" <mailingl...@antwebsystems.com>
In the development of the mypage/myportal component I ran into a problem
where i needed to show a screen (view) from different places and be able
to return to the place it was called from.

In the past we did that with "donePage" variables which was a bit messy.

We discussed this in the mailing list and David came up with a solution
to this problem which will save a lot of screen/form code.

how does it work?

In the controller.xml it is now possible to save the last view displayed
and return to it at a later stage.

In the <response tag a parameter is added: 'save-last-view'
<response name="success" type="view" value="justAView"
save-last-view="true"/>

This will save the view that WAS displayed, not the one that is going to
be displayed.

Then later on it is possible to override a view with this saved view
with
<response name="success" type="view-last" value="justAView/>

This is working pretty good, however when i was using it in the new
portal functions i found the following problems:
1. it is only possible to store the last view, not the one that is going
the be displayed. If there was a 'lookup' view after the 'real' last
one, that lookup got saved. So there is a need to save the 'current'
view
2. sometimes you want to be able to save 2 views. A 'current' view and a
'home' view. An example is the portal page, create an email, add a role
(return to email) , send the email (return to portal page=home)

so i extended the implementation from David with the following tag
extensions using the same pattern as the 'view-last/save-last-view':

save-last-view
save-current-view
save-home-view

view-Last
view-home

This is all committed with a number of other changes in revision:
758522.

regards,
Hans

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates