Thanks for doing that Vikas. It is a bummer that neat new things don't go into the release branch, but really stability is the priority over new functionality. If people want the priority on new functionality (and want to be able to collaborate with others on building things) then the trunk is the way to go.

On a more controversial note: IMO there is an ironic thing that happens with the trunk versus the release branches. Because most people want lots of new functionality and want to collaborate with others on building things, the trunk gets a much larger user base than any release branch, and because of that often ends up being more "bug- free" in spite of not being as stable.

Anyway, onward and upward!

-David

On Apr 22, 2009, at 11:18 AM, Vikas Mayur wrote:

I have reverted these changes in release09.04 branch in r767590 following your suggestion, David. Thanks!

Vikas

On Apr 22, 2009, at 1:35 PM, David E Jones wrote:

On Apr 22, 2009, at 12:50 AM, m...@apache.org wrote:

Author: mor
Date: Wed Apr 22 06:50:16 2009
New Revision: 767394

Log:
Facilitate packing screen to use verified orders from Verify Pick screen by using existing shipment and invoice. Patch from Akash Jain (reviewed and tested by Pranay Pandey), Part of OFBIZ-2329 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2329).

Note: I have done little modifications to the new labels part of this patch.

This issue completes the functionality of the Verify Pick feature added recently. I would like to port these changes to release09.04 later today
if I do not see any objections.

No, these changes should NOT be migrated to the release branch. That violates the general intent of the release branch which is that only bug fixes should go there (ie no new functionality, which is what this is).

For more information please read the Release Plan document:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan