Hello Divesh,

I tried to update directly the field firstName of Person entity, and it is updated successfully.

You  can see it at -
https://demo.ofbiz.org/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=Person&find=true&VIEW_SIZE=50&VIEW_INDEX=0
Where I have changed the firstName of partyId = 10000 and assign it to "Rishi". You can also change it and assign some other name like "Sumit" to it.
Please verify.

Are you trying to change description field of any entity ?

--
Thanks And Regards
Sumit Pandit