Ruth,
The multiform checkout was implemented as per covering all the possible
functionality which may be on any site, then quick checkout is encrypt its
some of the functionality and finally the one page is the most encrypted
demo to do checkout in which many functionality are not covered
intentionally. From your email it seems you are looking for the split
shipment in One page checkout which is not available at all there. If you
want that functionality there then yes you should create a Jira for that but
as it is a new feature then it won't be go into release 9.04 it will be new
implementation for trunk only.

Rishi Solanki
Enterprise Software Developer
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.