Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Mmm.. finally this is wrong. Because if you use ajp then you bypass http/s
connectors and you should handle compression using
mod_proxy + mod_deflate in HTTPD

Sorry for the confusion

Note: this is out of OFBiz scope

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
You can also use mod_proxy + mod_deflate to do that but why do it since it's
already included in OFBiz (same with nginx, etc.)?
So no, I don't think it adds any performance impact  if you don't use
mod_deflate and I believe it should be very minor if ever
you
do it twice (but again don't do it ;o)

Jacques

From: "Pierre Smits" <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Hi all,

I don't know having this in OFBiz affects performance when OFBiz is behind
a webserver (like Apache HTTP) via normal proxy processes or via ajp, which
are standard scenarios in in a multi-tier, high availability/failover setup.

Regards,

Op 8 april 2012 11:13 schreef Jacques Le Roux
<jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>het volgende:

You are missing a point Mandeep.

OFBiz is already compressing text files. This is done through the embedded
Tomcat. See in ofbiz-containers.xml
{code}
<property name="compressableMimeType" value="text/html,text/xml,**
text/plain"/>
<property name="compression" value="on"/>
{code}

Reference:
http://tomcat.apache.org/**tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.**html<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html>

So my proposition was only to add an yui-compressor-ant-task to compress
js/css files as described here
http://developer.yahoo.com/**yui/compressor/<http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/compressor/>

Note that for bigest files we already use compressed versions (ending by
min.js, see framework/common/widget/**CommonScreens.xml and
specialpurpose/ecommerce/**widget/CommonScreens.xml)

Jacques

From: "Mandeep Sidhu" <mandeep1985s...@gmail.com>

created Jira 4792
https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/OFBIZ-4792<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4792>
but still this will only compress the files Jacques, what if the
application is consuming external jss/css files, if the remote server has
the capability to server GZip encoded content to the requesting client,
we'd need to send the GZip encoding option in the http header for which I
believe Ofbiz needs to be touched.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Mandeep Sidhu

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Jacques Le Roux <