Seems to be a good enhancement, not changing default behaviour, so +1 !

Gil

Le 18/12/2014 09:47, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
Visit/Visitor/ServerHit/ServerHitBin (and the related *Type entities) are used
to gather statistics about how clients use the OFBiz instance.
The information in these entities is not used by business processes but it is
very important to analyze the system performance, user's behavior etc...
This simple data model is very powerful because can capture very granular
information about each visit.

The disadvantage is that it can add significant load on the database server and
can impact performance; on servers with high users load these tables can be
huge; in fact, in most production instances the granular logging is disabled.

I am proposing here a change that should make the stat gathering subcomponent
more flexible, clean and powerful, and increase the performance of the system:
1) remove all the fk dependencies from business entities to the
Visit/Visitor/ServerHit/ServerHitBin entities
2) assign the Visit/Visitor/ServerHit/ServerHitBin (and the related *Type
entities) entities to a separate entity-group
3) in this way it will be easy to configure the entity engine to store them in
a separate database (e.g. a NoSQL db); by default we could keep them in the
same db where all the other entities are

What do you think?