I agree.
I posted this in response to some ongoing work and discussion about the OFBiz UI.
I hope that it helps.

Ron
On 19/03/2015 11:16 AM, Gavin Mabie wrote:
Hi Ron

I haven't read the full report, but I agree with most of the points in the
synopsis. My personal feeling about UIs is that - If it doesn't look right,
it doesn't feel right.  Users  Because of the pervasiveness of social media
applications, most users expect to find the same or similar
functionalities/experiences in other types of applications. For me, some of
the key phrases in the abstract are "embedded BI elements", "social or
mobile capabilities" and "presented well". Some of these issues have
surfaced in discussions on this mailing list - such as whether some
functionalities/components should be "core" or "special purpose".  These
discussions are important from a project management point of view, but they
loose significance when regarded from a user point of view.  Users simply
demand an experience for ERP applications which is similar to that which
they have become accustomed to with other apps.

Gavin

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com