Indeed, let's not amalgamate everything and keep the discussion clean. The
https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/graph/ofbiz does show information about the
jira issue (including the contributor, if done correctly). Just click on
the blue i icon to the right of the comment excerpt.  You'll see  a modal
window appearing with more info. Take as an example the commit done on
April 18th starting with comment: 'A patch from Pierre Smits...'

Thank you for sharing insights in how Git could work for this project. I
appreciate it.

Can you provide links to examples of an Apache project using Git that shows
a contribution from a non-privileged contributor as you describe? It would
surely help understanding the described visibility and help this community
to make a sound decision when all has been said.

Quoting:

which non-committer has submitted the most code to OFBiz and what was the
distribution of their changes amongst the various OFBiz components?

I would love to see that too. Maybe our PMC chair can clarify and comment
on that?

Please remember: if anyone feels that this discussion has reached a
saturation point (all viewpoints and concerns presented) and a sense of
consensus needs to be established, just call a vote. The outcome will
dictate the direction. To me this seems a procedural issue, not a code
change.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*