Hi Everyone,

May I suggest a vote in reference to the email thread and JIRA mentioned below
on what follows:
1- actually upgrade to JDK 8 (by applying the patches in JIRA).
2- commit functional and Java 8 code into trunk going forward .
3- upgrade infrastructure (demo, build, ...) to host OFBiz on JDK 8 .

The patches and the code to move to JDK 8 are ready and tested with at least
"./ant clean-all load-demo run-tests" on JDK 8u45 and all 882 tests pass from
my side. I also logged into the system and navigated to a few random screens
just to run some smoke tests randomly and I did not encounter any problems.

Mail Thread: http://markmail.org/message/wbomdrdwl77yntx4
JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6458

Taher Alkhateeb