From: "Marcos César de Oliveira" <mcesa...@gmail.com>
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, 1 November, 2015 7:42:15 PM
Subject: Practices involving source-code repositories

Hi, everybody.

I'm a Brazilian software engineering researcher, and currently I'm working
on a paper where we are conducting an investigation about evolution of
Enterprise Information Systems. One of the case studies in this study is
Apache OFBiz.

After analyzing the data extracted from github, we realized that the
majority of issues were resolved with a single commit (84%), and that the
majority of issues have commits from a single user (96%). We conjecture
about the reasoning about this numbers, and guessed that would be that the
OFBiz development community has a convention to commit only when they are
done with the issue. This is true? Is there such convention or practice?

Any help will be very appreciated and I thanks everybody in advance.

---
Marcos César