Hi Eric,

In addition to what Jacques put neatly below, I would add that the OFBiz
data model is complex and highly interconnected. And something central like
a product is pretty much connected to everything, so a delete might cascade
(more or less) the entire database.

I would also highly recommend avoiding tweaking your databases for business
logic reasons and to stay independent of any database vendor. Instead, just
create a delete service for each delete operation that cascades to the
limit you need. For example you might want to delete invoices but not GL
transactions.

Also, generally speaking, most modern systems that I know of avoid delete
altogether, and instead just disable or make things "inactive" for
reporting or operational reasons. That is always a safer and more auditable
system.

My 2 cents

Taher Alkhateeb