In addition to the "no Warnings" policy for commits that I suggested earlier today, I would suggest that a "no Missing or Incomplete JavaDocs" for commits, would go a long way to improving code quality.

It would also make it easier to review code if one could read a simple but complete description of the class and its methods to decide if a class should be accepted.

I suspect that most reversions of committed code are not caused by programming bugs within methods but are caused by functional problems that probably could have been detected by reading the JavaDoc if it was written properly.
Just speculation!

It would also make it easier to detect classes and methods that are too complex or that duplicate existing functionality or that are designed to fit at the wrong level in the functional structure for the methods that they provide.

It clearly would make the system easier to learn and safer to modify.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President