Hi Taher,

I tried to understand and comment your patch, but my apologies it's too technical for me ! I'm sure on one point, if some other technical guys don't raise any alert, it's that you proposition goes on the good way ;)

If I can, I will try to test some configuration case.

Nicolas

Le 22/05/2016 09:59, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
Hi Jacques, Jacopo and everyone,

I have a big patch (about 1,500 lines) that among other things deletes
CommonsDaemonStart and fully refactors the Start component.

I need help in checking this patch. The system seems to be running smoothly and
all tests pass on my computer. A few more eyeballs on this would help though.

Thank you for your help!

Taher Alkhateeb

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacopo Cappellato [mailto:jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxsystems.com]
Sent: 17 May 2016 10:54
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: Deleting CommonsDaemonStart.java

I second this approach as a general rule, if applied carefully and wisely (as
it is in this specific case).
By removing incomplete code, the person working on the refactoring will have a
simplified system to work with in the refactoring; the removed code will always
be available in the history of the revision control system and the persons
interested in completing the support of the removed feature will have a chance
to check the code out and refactor/complete it.

Jacopo

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Jacques Le Roux <